My blog is almost four months old! While I totally enjoy blogging, an unexpected plus was the many wonderful fellow blogger-ettes I have met along the way. I am both amazed and inspired by the creativity/beauty of my blogging sisterhood. I was so touched when I was nominated for the Sunshine Award by a blogger I admire: Kait, of chickadeesays.com . You will just have to visit her to see how amazing she is. She is quite the adorable chickadee indeed, but her crowning jewel is her sidekick, Tink. Go visit and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
The award is “given to those who inspire us and bring ‘sunshine’ into our lives”. Wow.
There are a few simple rules for the Sunshine Award:
- Include the award logo in a post or on your blog
- Link to the person who nominated you
- Answer ten questions about yourself
- Nominate ten bloggers to receive the award
Kait’s questions were:
1) What are your top three workout essentials?
I am a runner, so good running shoes, my ipod, and proper attire is key. Also, I need to chew gum no matter what workout I’m doing.
2) Favorite dessert food?
I’m not much on sweets (I prefer potato chips and Cheetos), but if I do indulge, I would say warm oatmeal raisin cookies.
3) What is your favorite accessory for fall?
I live in Georgia, so we don’t really have a fall season. In fact, I’m still wearing flip-flops. We go from hot, to warm, to cold. So I would have to say boots. I love knee high, flat heeled boots with skinny jeans tucked in.
4) Do you have a pet? If so, post pics. If not, what would you like to have?
Um, yes. I have a house full of pets. Two dogs – a Standard Parti-Colored Red/White Poodle, Sheldon, and an Australian Shepherd, Fiona. I also have seven cats (all indoors) that consist of a couple of Ragdolls, Maine Coons, and rescues. I also have a wild baby dove I rescued late summer that will probably be a permanent resident on Planet KP. In the interest of space, here are the puppies. I have yet to successfully gather all the kitties together for a group photo. The dogs and cats get along very well and play together. Really! I’m also gonna have 2 rabbits, and buy an indoor rabbit hutch or cage too. I hope they can get along well ^^
5) Favorite Vegetarian Recipe
I adore British chef Nigella Lawson. I have all of her cookbooks. One of my quickie go-to- recipes is her version of Mattar Paneer. If you can’t find paneer (a non-melting Indian cheese) you can substitute firm tofu.
6) What social media are you most obsessed with?
I still adore Facebook. It’s a great way to keep up with friends I don’t see very often, as well as my cousins who live in Texas. If it wasn’t for FB, I don’t know if we would know what was going on in each other’s lives.
7) If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Growing up as an Army brat, I have lived all over the world. My husband and I love to travel, so we have been to many fantastic places. I wish I was blogging back then so I could share some of the cool destinations we’ve visited. However, the one place I would LOVE to visit is Bora Bora. I’d love to stay in one of those tiki huts on the turquoise water.
8) What song do you have on repeat right now?
I just have to say, I think the song of the summer was “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk, and I played it a lot. Right now, my repeat song is “Supersoaker” by Kings of Leon. I LOVE them.
9) What’s your favorite cocktail (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)?
I am a 100% red wine drinker. I did discover wonderful cocktails made with cucumber infused vodka this summer that I really enjoyed. Kait has a great one on her blog.
10) Favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing is writing, and coming up with creative ideas. I thought that would be all blogging consisted of. Was I wrong! I’ve had to learn about photography, blog design, so many things I never thought of. I love anything that challenges me to learn something new. Also, as I said initially, the wonderful women I have met through blogging.
My nominees (in no particular order) are:
- Megan from Little Miss Average – www.littlemissaverage.com/
- Etta from Etta’s Threads – ettasthreads.wordpress.com/
- Daphne from Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life – peanutbutterandchocolatelife.blogspot.com
- Carmen from ShuGar Love – shugarlove.com/
- Kristy from Taupe & Pearl – www.taupeandpearl.com/
- Heidi from The Inside Out Beauty – www.theinsideoutbeauty.com/
- Wendy from fashionable heart – www.fashionableheart.com/
- Julie & Ashley from 20/30 Glam – www.twentythirtyglam.blogspot.com/
- Rosie from a red lip and nude shoe – aredlipandanudeshoe.wordpress.com/
- Valerie from oohval – ohhval.blogspot.com/
My ten questions:
- The 3 things you would never leave home without.
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world (living or dead), who would it be? And why?
- If you had a fairy Godmother who could wave a magic wand and change ONE thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What is your favorite comfort food? If you have a recipe, please share!
- What do you do to keep fit? Is there a fitness trend you would like to try?
- What do you drink first thing in the morning?
- Top three favorite songs/artists?
- Mac or PC?
- Who is your girl crush?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
I would love to hear your answers as well!!
Much love to all my blogger friends.