Hello Everyone! In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have created a tag that I’m very excited to share!
I know many people have been posting on social media the things they are grateful for each day during this holiday. When I started my blog, I had no idea I would meet so many wonderful women through it! I thought this would be a great opportunity to thank you all for your friendship, support, inspiration, and for sharing your fabulous talents with me. I am THANKFUL for each and every one of you! You are all so special to me!
Since Thanksgiving is on November 28th, I decided to come up with 28 questions to get to know you a little better. 14 about your BLOG and 14 about YOU. There are really no rules for this tag. I know this is a busy time of year for everyone, so if it’s difficult for you to participate, or you just flat-out don’t want to, no worries! I totally understand. If you tag other bloggers, please feel free to use any part of this post. Here we go!
ABOUT YOUR BLOG (Please be specific in your answers, so we can all learn something!):
- How long have you been blogging? Almost six months.
- Are there any bloggers who helped you out/encouraged you when you first started your blog? Yes! One of the first people I met when I started was Megan from Little Miss Average through the #bbloggers chat. She is from the south, and was just starting out as well, and we are still great friends. She is still someone I go to for advice. Also, Ellie from xomisse. She is a whiz when it comes to techie questions that I have NO clue about. She’s always answered any questions I’ve had regarding blog design and the hard stuff.
- What Social Media has given you the most traffic to your blog? Is there a platform that you don’t use? I’m sure everyone will answer Twitter. I have also been getting a fair amount of new traffic from Instagram. I need to embrace Google Plus and spend more time on Pinterest.
- How often do you post? Do you have a regular schedule? So far, I have just been posting when I have time. I probably average 2-3 posts a week. My goal for the new year is to consistently post 3 times a week, ultimately 4 times a week.
- Where do you blog? On my laptop at my kitchen table! I do have an office with a desk top, but I use that mainly for work and household related stuff.
- What camera do you use? What photo editing software do you use? I have a Sony point and shoot (DSC-WX9). I also occasionally use my phone camera (Samsung Galaxy S5). For my camera photos, I use Picmonkey. For my phone, I mainly use Pixlr and Line Camera apps.
- How did you come up with your blog name? My initials are KP, and it’s a sort of nickname. I am not very creative, so I just picked “KPsays”, because I would be “saying” stuff about beauty products. That’s kind of sad actually.
- Do you do any regular “series” posts on your blog? I do not. I do have a “Come with Me” segment to share my travels, a “It’s a Southern Thang” segment to highlight things that are unique to southern living, and “Ducky Tales”, a segment that chronicles the progress of a wild baby dove I rescued. But they are only featured when I have something to report.
- What draws you to a blog? The first thing I notice is photographs. I love beautiful, clear pictures! The more creative, the better. Next would be the “tone” of the post. I like to get a feel of the blogger’s personality.
- What turns you off of a blog? I will not read blogs if there is no picture of the author and/or nothing but stock photos in the posts. Other than that, I appreciate everyone’s different styles/concepts for their blog
- How many blogs do you subscribe to? Are they all beauty related? I just counted 58! I DO read all the ones I sub to. I did notice a few that I follow are no longer blogging! I do need to go through and delete and add some new blogs I’ve recently discovered. Eight blogs are not beauty.
- When do you generally read blogs? I am a night owl, so I always read blogs late. Usually after 11pm EST. The majority of time I read them on the weekends, late of course.
- What is your favorite type of post, and why? Product reviews are my favorite, because I love discovering new things, and also like to see if girls agree with what I think of something.
- What is your least favorite type of post, and why? I don’t really ever read wishlist posts. Probably because of stock photos (?).
NOW ABOUT YOU!! (If any are any you prefer not to answer, just skip!):
- Where do you live? Tell us a bit about your city! I live in Augusta, Georgia in the US. Augusta is the second largest metropolis in Georgia (our population is a little above a half million). My city is the home of The Masters Golf Tournament, the most prestigious golf tourney in the world. I am about a two and a half hour drive to Atlanta.
- What about your home? I live in a house in a neighborhood community in the suburbs.
- Single or taken? I have been married for almost 16 years.
- Do you have children? No.
- Do you have pets? Yes! 2 dogs (Standard Poodle and Australian Shepherd), 7 cats (Maine Coons, Ragdolls, and rescues), and a wild dove.
- Do you have a “day job”? Yes. I am a sales rep for a freight forwarder.
- How tall are you? 5’8″
- Do you have siblings? I am an only child.
- 3 words to describe yourself. Funny, smart, kind.
- Who is your style icon, and why? Gwen Stefani. I’ve been a long-time fan of No Doubt. I think she is absolutely beautiful, and I love her music, abs, clothing, everything! And she’s a mommy to boot.
- 3 favorite bands/musicians. Gwen Stefani/No Doubt, Tori Amos, Cake.
- 3 favorite movies. Gone with the Wind, Love Actually, Forrest Gump.
- 3 favorite books. Pillars of the Earth, The Lovely Bones, The Stand.
- 3 random/weird facts about you. I don’t like my food to touch on my plate, I cry easily, I have the world’s worst sense of direction. I am always lost.
I tag the following bloggers! If you don’t already know them, make sure you give them a visit!
Shelle from Polkadotglam.
Mariko from Budziak Beauty.
Jules from LippyLikes.
Sissie from Beauty4Free2U.
Lor from Miss LJ Beauty.
Anoushka from Anoushka Loves.
Stacey from Expat Make-Up Addict.
Neya from Neya V Beauty Talk.
Hope from Beauty & Bliss!
Lauren from Will Sing for Makeup.
If you participate, please send me your link!
Wishing all of my blogger friends a happy holiday season!
Much love, kxoxo